Charge Up Operators
• Gain experience at a unique and specialised Diamond mine
• Work in a challenging and rewarding role with scope for development
• FIFO from Perth – Fixed Term Contracts until Dec 2019 – Argyle Diamond Mine
About the role
We are looking for Charge Up Operators to join our Underground Mining Operations teams to be responsible for safely charging and firing development and production drill holes according to mine blasting plans to achieve development and production targets.
This role is a great opportunity for enthusiastic self-starters who are safety oriented team members who will be responsible for the timely delivery and safe charging in order to meet production and mining schedules. Working a 2 weeks on, 1 week off roster and reporting to the Mining Supervisor, you will be:
• Committed to daily machine operation and maintenance of charge up rig
• Working autonomously to monitor the process in a safe and effective manner
• Working underground
• Prioritising work and liaising with Team Leaders and Supervisors
• Ensuring work is completed efficiently and timely
• Driving improvements in safety and production
• Safely charging and firing development and production drill holes according to mine blasting plans to achieve development and production targets.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
• Manual C Class drivers licence
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Shotfirers licence
• Dangerous Goods qualification
• Working at heights qualification
• Able to obtain National Police Clearance
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
It will also be beneficial if you have:
• Underground experience
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto owns and operates the Argyle diamond mine in the remote East Kimberley region of Western Australia. The mine has been operating since 1983 and has produced more than 800 million carats of rough diamonds. It is one of the world’s largest supplier of diamonds and the world’s largest supplier of natural coloured diamonds. Argyle’s significant commitment to the East Kimberley supports a sustainable future for the region that will endure well beyond the life of the mine. Argyle is dedicated to the development of relationships with local communities and has committed to a Participation Agreement with the region’s Traditional Owners, which preserves Traditional Owners’ rights and interests in relation to the mining lease area.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn