Auctus Resources is re-establishing and expanding operations at the former Mungana mine site located approximately 16 kilometres from Chillagoe, 200 km west of Cairns. The operation consists of two underground mines feeding a process plant capable of producing multiple Zinc, Copper, Lead and precious metals concentrates.
Auctus Resources is seeking to appoint a passionate and driven Laboratory Technician, someone who can follow instructions and is eager to learn. Reporting to the Laboratory Supervisor/Chemist, and working within a small driven team, you will be responsible for safely conducting the work involved in processing, analysing and reporting results of geological, metallurgical and environmental samples.
DIDO from Cairns (bus provided) 2:1 roster (Nightshift/Dayshift) 12 hr. days
The core accountabilities of the position are:-
- Maintaining sample / data integrity through all levels of laboratory processing.
- Familiarity with computer databases required.
- Be organised and able to carry out laboratory orientated tasks safely and efficiently mindful of the necessity for fast turn-around required in a processing environment .
- Preparation of samples using a crusher / rotary splitter and subsequent milling will be required in this position .
- Safe handling of chemicals.
- Familiarity with laboratory instrumentation Agilent AAS , MP4200 viewed favourably .
- Preparation of standard solutions ,data collection and reporting of results, cleaning of glassware after use .
- Maintain and foster an exceptional work ethic, observing safety regulations and compliance with Auctus Resources policies and procedures.
- Maintain a safe, contaminant free work environment.
- Calibration, maintenance and cleaning of equipment and laboratory.
- Ensure quality control is maintained.
- Safe and environmental compliant management of analytical reagents, chemicals and laboratory wastes.
- Understand and work within the Auctus Resources OHS&T system and processes. Take part in investigations into workplace incidents and breeches.
To be successful, the candidate will have:-
- Strong character with sound work ethics capable of conducting themselves in a professional manner over a 12 hour shift within a processing orientated laboratory environment in a remote site environment;
- Commitment to safe working practices;
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills and understanding of quality control;
- Capable of working independently whilst maintaining data integrity with the ability to maintain internal and external relationships;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong computer skills (i.e. MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Associate Diploma / Diploma in Applied Chemistry or Chemistry;
- Laboratory Skills Certification with associated hands on experience;
- Gold analysis.
Applications close Monday 17th of July 2017.