Hagstrom Drilling Pty Ltd is one Australia’s fastest growing and most successful drilling service providers, and is currently experiencing growth within its national operations and would like to hear from an exceptional operational leader that wishes to join their team in WA. They are looking for a leader that recognises the importance of team work, enjoys the challenges that change brings, takes pride in their work and cares as much as we do about our business and clients.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate & manage field based projects from an technical, operational and financial perspective in alignment with agreed project budgets.
- Ensure the development of appropriate technical solutions for our clients and individual projects.
- Develop and facilitate the hand-over of projects to operational teams and ensure a high level of communication and understanding for all crews embarking on projects.
- Track and monitor the location of all operational assets.
- Ensure all operational assets are maintained in alignment with the organisations standard with respect to housekeeping, equipment care and maintenance.
- Liaise with Operations Administrator to ensure that all operational project requirements are being met with respect to rosters, employee inductions and plant project specific site entry criteria etc.
- Assist the Operations Manager with recruitment, development and performance management of field staff.
- Collate and review site requisition requests and assist with the procurement of drill rig consumables and equipment based on project requirements.
- Liaise with Warehouse staff to ensure operational logistics requirements are being met accurately and in a timely fashion.
Skills and experience
- Have at least (5) years relevant management experience within the Drilling services environment preferably servicing Tier 1 and Tier 2 mining and construction based customers, domestic and international.
- Hold a minimum of Certificate III in drilling operations (Cert IV preferable) with a sound technical knowledge base in rotary mud, air and diamond drilling onsite operations.
- Strong organisational and project management skills , with proven ability to coordinate multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to recruit and develop the right people into the right positions and to provide appropriate succession planning; leadership of staff and managing project teams.
- Hold formal qualifications in Workplace Training and Assessment (min. Cert IV).
- Excellent communication and leadership skills with proven ability to drive a proactive, results driven workplace culture.
- Sound computer literacy in MS Suites (Project, Word and Excel).
- A strong commitment to OHS in the workplace.
- High level of professionalism, interpersonal skills, honesty and integrity.
- Ability to travel to projects sites as operationally required.
- Applicants holding unrestricted current Class 1, 2 or 3 national Water well licenses will be held in high regard.