Permanent position based at Prominent Hill and reporting to the Processing Shift Supervisor, this role requires a Process Technician to monitor the Prominent Hill concentrator in a safe, efficient and effective way. The successful applicant must be willing to work well in an agile, lean, accountable team environment and committed to achieving the departmental strategic objectives. This appointment will be on an 8/6 Dayshift 7/7 Nightshift roster ex Adelaide or Port Augusta.
About the role:
- Operating the Copper Concentrate plant in a safe, productive manner.
- Performing minor maintenance tasks.
- Assist in developing a safe, environmental and cultural awareness across shift.
- Work to achieve a high standard of housekeeping and general plant tidiness.
- Work with policies and practices and assist in updating these to ensure that the job is being done in the safest and most efficient way.
- Demonstrating a high level of personal safety commitment by modelling the desired behaviours.
- Report all safety hazards/risks and events according to site procedures in a timely manner.
- Safe isolation of plant for work to be conducted.
- Troubleshoot maintenance issues and liaise with electrical/mechanical/metallurgy teams and the Shift Supervisor to rectify and minimise disruption to plant operation.
- You have experience in a minerals processing operation is desirable but not essential.
- You have demonstrated experience in performing minor maintenance tasks.
- A Certificate 3 in metalliferous mining will be highly regarded.
- You have an interest in performing manual tasks and working with your hands.
- You have highly developed interpersonal skills with the proven ability to develop strong working relationships.
- You value and are committed to safety and working in a team environment.
- You have high levels of self- motivation and initiative.
- You are competent in Microsoft Office Suite.
If you are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident and wish to apply for this position, please click the Apply Now link below to submit your cover letter and CV.
Applications close 17 July 2017.