Engineer, Senior Mining
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we’re not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As our next Senior Mining Engineer reporting to the Technical Services Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
The QCoal Northern Hub is situated in the Bowen Basin in Central Queensland, about 200 kilometres northwest of Mackay and 6km south of Collinsville.
As the Senior Mining Engineer at QCoal you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the execution of all aspects of the mine planning function
- Providing guidance and input into the drill and blast and pit design processes
- Completing the end of month reconciliations and reporting process
- Assessing opportunities to maximise equipment utilisation
- Preparing inputs for the control budget process
- Completing rehabilitation and water management designs
- Liaising with production staff to ensure plans are being executed as per design
- Providing guidance and technical support to other site engineers
- Attending client meetings
You will need to be safety conscious, efficient, cost effective and innovative whilst ensuring production targets are met.
Some of the skills required to be successful in this role are:
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability in mine planning, pit design and drill and blast
- Experience with high precision GPS, on site data capture and reporting systems
- Experience using infoMine and iVolve
- Contract Management
- Proficiency in MS Office
You will also possess open-cut coal mining experience in a similar role. Excellent communication, approachability and motivational qualities are also required.
5/2 site based position
How to Apply
This role will provide you with the opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, leadership development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.