The above role has become available for an experienced and motivated individual to lead the Open Pits Geology team, currently situated at the Imperial/Majestic pits on the Mount Monger lease southeast of Kalgoorlie, WA.
Key Responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Identification and prioritisation of operations’ work targets and work load
- Provision of administrative and technical planning, management and leadership for the Project
- Supervision and when necessary modification to work programs to achieve target
- Lead and supervise the effective and efficient collation, interpretation, presentation and reporting of Project activities and results
- Ensuring that all work is of the highest possible standard and quality, while maintaining efficient, effective and safe implementation of operations’ work programs
- Preparation of monthly reports and Project technical reports
- Assist with training, development and coaching of team members
A full description of the role will be discussed at interview. It is an integral part of the Geology team and it is therefore essential that the incumbent can demonstrate the following:
- Advanced knowledge of gold mineralisation and gold deposit styles and characteristics
- Strong mapping skills and sampling practice
- Practical knowledge in pit geological and mining practices
- Highly computer literate with expertise in geological modelling software (familiarity with Datamine, Datashed and Leapfrog would be advantageous)
- Ability to supervise technical personnel and communicate effectively with mining engineers and contractors
- Tertiary qualifications plus at least 4 years open pits mine geology experience
Please address each of the above criteria in a cover letter and attach an updated CV. The successful candidate will be willing to devote the required time, attention and skill reasonably necessary to promote a business outcome focused culture as well as ensure the safe and smooth operation of the plant. Ideally this role would work a standard 5/2 roster out of Kalgoorlie, however an 8/6 FIFO roster will be considered for the right candidate.
If this role sounds like the challenge you are looking for then please click “APPLY” . Applications quoting job 210 to be received by Monday COB 31 July 2017.
Silver Lake’s preference is to deal with candidates directly and therefore agencies’ applications will not be considered at this stage.