#Job – Senior Occupational Hygienist (Newcastle, Singleton, Wollongong or Lithgow)
- Attractive remuneration package
- Opportunity to help shape and drive the future direction of an expanding team of dedicated Occupational Hygiene professionals.
- Permanent full time role, located in either Newcastle, Singleton, Wollongong or Lithgow
About the role:
Coal Services Pty Ltd are currently seeking a dynamic, motivated and experienced Senior Occupational Hygienist to join our Coal Mines Technical Services – Occupational Hygiene (CMTS-OH) business unit (www.coalservices.com.au). The primary objective of this role is to provide technical assistance and supervision of the CMTS-OH team. Reporting through to the CMTS-OH Manager you will work with the management team to provide occupational hygiene technical guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to Coal Services statutory requirements is maintained as well as ensuring commercial project requirements are achieved.
- Leading and mentoring a small occupational hygiene team
- Statutory and Commercial Project Management
- Developing and supervising occupational exposure monitoring programs
- Undertaking and supervising hygiene assessments and services (exposure monitoring, risk assessments and education/training)
- Data analysis and technical report writing and reviewing
- Provide advice and guidance to key NSW coal industry stakeholders
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Hygiene, Chemistry, OHS, Engineering, Environmental Science or other suitable discipline
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working within mining and/or heavy industry
- A strong commitment to health, safety, quality and best practise concepts
- Demonstrated leadership and team management skills
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including technical report writing
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong team and key stakeholder relationships
- Full unrestricted driver’s license
- Experience working in underground and surface mining (desirable)
- Postgraduate qualifications in Occupational Hygiene (desirable)
- Certified Occupational Hygienist (COH) (desirable)
- Membership of Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH) (desirable)
- Demonstrated behaviours aligned to our company values and culture – we care, we work together, we make a difference.
If you are interested in applying, please complete your details and click ‘APPLY HERE‘ and attach a copy of your cover letter and up to date resume.