A mining project delivery company has won the tender for a number of bauxite operations across Victoria and Western Australia.
Worley recently secured the services contract for Alcoa of Australia’s Pinjarra Alumina Refinery, 28km southeast of Mandurah; Huntly Bauxite Mine, 45km east of Mandurah; Wagerup Alumina Refinery, 55km southeast of Mandurah; and Willowdale Bauxite Mine, 64km southeast of Mandurah in WA.
The successful bidder will also support the Bunbury Port Terminal in WA and Portland Aluminium Smelter, 108km west of Warrnambool in Victoria. QMEB can reveal the deal is for a three‐year term.
The contractor’s teams based in Perth and Geelong will carry out project delivery and base load work for the proponent’s integrated mining, refining and smelting operations.
Worley is currently hiring for the following vacancies:
- graduate engineers – mining, metals and minerals (multiple positions)
- graduate intake – energy and chemicals (multiple)
- senior radio and transmission engineer – LTE
- communications engineer – senior and lead
- control systems engineer
- principal underground mining engineer.
It is also hiring:
- water resources lead
- architectural designer
- senior geotechnical engineer – dams and tailings
- maintenance and reliability engineer EOI
- senior piping designer EOI
- decommissioning and restoration lead – APAC
- principal geotechnical tailings engineer
- undergraduate engineers (multiple positions).
“We are pleased to continue supporting Alcoa’s Australian operations,” Worley CEO Chris Ashton said in a public statement.