Suppliers interested in maximising their opportunities at a foreign-backed $21.7 billion mining project are invited to attend industry briefings coming to multiple Central Queensland cities.
Networking opportunities to form business partnerships to take advantage of supply opportunities will be available at the Adani Australia industry roadshow about the Carmichael Coal Project.
The Adani Supplier Roadshow will visit Rockhampton, Emerald, Clermont, Mackay and Townsville in late January 2017, and outline subcontracting and supply chain opportunities across the upcoming mine, rail and port projects. An Indigenous Supplier Session will also be held prior to each event.
Adani promises to take a “local-first” approach to the supply of this project, and local businesses are encouraged to take advantage of these openings.
Although their tier-one partners will remain the main contacts for the majority of the project supply chain, key Adani personnel will present an overview of the timing of sub-contracting opportunities available at the supplier briefing events.
“By taking information directly to regional centres, we are demonstrating our commitment to local supply for this project, spreading economic benefit throughout Queensland,” Adani Australia chief executive Jeyakumar Janakaraj says.
Each event will feature presentations from Adani’s:
- mine infrastructure general manager Ian Sedgman
- head of commercial Clint Zahmel
- rail project head Rupen Shah
Event dates include:
- Monday, 23rd January | 9am – 11am | Rockhampton Leagues Club
- Monday, 23rd January | 4pm – 6pm | Maraboon Tavern, Emerald
- Tuesday 24th January | 9am – 11am | Lotta Latte’s, Clermont
- Tuesday, 24th January | 4pm – 6pm | South’s Leagues Club, Mackay
- Wednesday, 25th January | 12pm – 2pm | The Ville Resort – Casino, Townsville
For more information contact Adani Australia.