- Award of mining equipment supply, installation and commissioning contract to National Pump & Energy Pty Ltd
- Award of a specialist hydraulic mining services contract to Paragon Tailings Australia Pty Ltd
- The combination brings proven equipment supply and operational expertise to Woodlawn’s tailings hydraulic mining operations
- The tailings Mineral Reserve of 9.5Mt at 6% ZnEq1 is to be reclaimed using efficient, low-cost hydraulic mining
Heron Resources Limited (ASX:HRR, “Heron” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the award of two contracts relating to the provision of equipment supply and mining services for the reclamation of tailings for reprocessing at its wholly owned Woodlawn Zinc-Copper Project in New South Wales, Australia, which is currently under construction and due to commence commissioning at the end of 2018.
The Woodlawn Project includes both reprocessing of 9.5Mt of historic tailings from the previous operations (1978 until 1998), in addition to the processing of fresh ore from underground mining.
The key technical elements of Heron’s tailings reprocessing operation include:
- Hydraulic mining reclamation;
- Fine grinding using an IsaMill™; and
- Sequential differential flotation of copper, lead and zinc to concentrates.
The mining reclamation rates for the tailings ore will be at a rate of 190tph using remote controlled water cannons, an efficient and cost effective mining method.
Heron has contracted with National Pump & Energy Pty Ltd (NPE), one of Australia’s leading pumping equipment providers with prior experience in the supply of hydraulic mining equipment. NPE will provide a complete hydraulic mining equipment package consisting of; main and standby track mounted, remote controlled water monitors; water delivery pumps; slurry pumps; screens; and associated infrastructure including strategic spares and consumables.
Alongside NPE, Heron has awarded a specialist mining services contract to Paragon Tailings Australia Pty Ltd (Paragon) for the provision of process design, mining planning, construction supervision and support, operator training and personnel to support the tailings reclamation operations. Paragon is a company formed in 2016 which has a track record in hydraulic mining both internationally and within Australia, with the principals having more than 30 years of operational experience with this form of mining prior to establishing Paragon.