A national recruitment company hopes to fill many job vacancies at a variety of mining operations across Central Queensland’s Bowen Basin region.
Nobul is searching for mine workers to fill several vacancies that are promised to lead to permanent positions within just a few months. Work will be based at either BHP Mitsubishi Alliance’s Goonyella Riverside Coal Mine, 203km southwest of Mackay or at other operations.
The following jobs have been advertised:
- mechanical and electric haul truck operators (multiple positions)
- multi-skilled operators (multiple)
- haul truck operators (multiple)
- excavator operators (multiple)
- breakdown fitters (multiple)
- grader operators (multiple)
- workshop fitters (multiple)
- dozer operators (multiple)
- diesel fitters (multiple).
‘Permanent shirt’ offered
Successful candidates will be offered either a drive-in drive-out or fly-in fly-out roster of seven 12.5-hour days/nights on and seven days/nights off.
Workers will receive weekly pay, superannuation, long service leave, chartered flights, company-paid transport to the employee camp, accommodation, meals and work shirts.
There is also potential to move to a permanent position and receive a “permanent shirt” after spending three or four months in the job.
Mount Isa mines need several workers ASAP
Mining giant advertises for multiple roles across its Queensland metals and coal businesses
Resources giant extends contract for Bowen Basin coal mine
Casual mine workers will lose right to entitlements under bill says advocacy.