Engineering Manager – IO Projects
Engineering Manager – IO Projects
- Key technical portfolio leadership role at Rio Tinto Projects
- Be part of an elite & ambitious portfolio team challenging best delivery of major capital projects
- Exceptional work environment where people are valued and respected – Perth CBD
Rio Tinto are looking for an Engineering Manager – IO Projects to provide technical leadership for engineering during all phases of a project life cycle by facilitating interaction through owners groups, the EPCM/ESP and other key stakeholders. The role requires the development and consistent application of engineering standards along with good engineering process across a high profile portfolio of projects within Rio Tinto.
The Growth & Innovation group operates through the entire life cycle of Rio Tinto’s mines and assets, creating value through exploration, project development and technical excellence. Working in close partnership with all product groups, it focuses on finding safer, smarter and more efficient ways to manage resources and operations.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to play a key part in formulation of innovative design and execution strategies, including identification and selection of key engineering and construction organisations throughout the life cycle of project. We are strongly committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We will consider flexible working arrangements for this position. Reporting to the GM Projects, Rio Tinto Projects, you will be:
- Providing the project with engineering leadership and expertise across disciplines and acting as a referral point for technical decisions
- Analysing and adopting trends in engineering technology to maintain a fresh but consistent approach across the engineering of all Iron Ore projects
- Manage development and compliance with a quality engineering management plan for the project
- Establishing and maintaining the engineering management tools of the project plan and setting up and monitoring the controls around engineering delivery in order to meet project objectives
- Supporting Project Managers by providing technical input into engineering reviews in order to secure study/project stage advancement and contribute to project execution strategies as required
- Leading engineering consultants to deliver requisite quality outcomes to consistent standards whilst ensuring engineering interfaces are well managed & co-ordinated for overall project success
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Degree in Engineering together with enriched experience within a major capital projects and/or construction environment
- Previous demonstrated success leading engineering teams with successful delivery of studies and associated toll gating
- Excellent communication skills and influencing skills both written and verbal along with sound judgment, decision-making and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective role relationships with other team members, peers and associates as well as the ability to interpret technical information, and provide advice to teams of prominent industry professionals
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process improvements together with Contract, Contractor Management and Change Management success
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Management or Project Management or Engineering Management and or Commercial qualification would be an advantage
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.
Job application closes as on 28 September 2017