Downer EDI Mining continues to strive forward on the $500 million mining services contract for the Roy Hill Iron Ore Project. The contract is for the provision of supplementary mining services to the Roy Hill Iron Ore mine for a period of four and a half years which includes the following:
- Drill & Blast
- Load & Haul of Overburden and Ore
Downer EDI Mining commenced infrastructure construction in early 2014, and is now moving forward into full-scale mining.
We are currently seeking a Mining Surveyor to join our team at the Roy Hill Iron Ore project located in the East Pilbara Region, WA.
Reporting to the Senior Surveyor your key responsibilities would include but not limited to providing daily surveying requirements, preparing monthly volume reconciliations, ensuring survey compliance to design drawings and all aspects of the project are set within the design plan.
This is a Fly in Fly out role ex Perth, with a highly appealing 8/6 roster offering a healthy work/life balance and includes excellent on site living facilities.
· Demonstrated experience in a similar role within the mining sector
· Relevant tertiary qualifications
· Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
· High level of computer literacy including exposure to Vulcan/Surpac/Leica surveying software
· Team orientated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
In return THE JOB offers:
· Competitive remuneration package
· Exciting opportunity to be part of one of the newest mining projects in Australia
· Growth and development opportunities
· An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
· Supportive work environment with modern training systems
This is an exciting opportunity for you to further your career with a growing organisation at a new premier iron ore site with a well-equipped accommodation facility.
The new accommodation village will offer modern ensuited rooms with flat screen TV’s, Foxtel, internet and a quality meals service. Resort style facilities include a swimming pool, gymnasium, beach volleyball and basketball courts.
Working on an 8:6 Roster, this role will be site based with competitive remuneration, safe working conditions and the opportunity to work for one of Australia’s Premier Mining Contractors.
This is a permanent fixed term employment opportunity for 6 months for an individual with passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of Downer EDI Mining. Whilst initially a 6 month term this role has the potential to be extended to a longer term, full time contract.
To be considered for this role please visit www.downercareers.com or alternatively, contact Nathan De Jong on 6212-9506 for further information.