Senior Operations Engineer – FIFO (Townsville/Brisbane) – Cannington
Cannington is one of the world’s largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometres west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
Reporting to the Superintendent Operations Engineering, the purpose of this role is to supervise operational engineering expertise to Cannington Mine ensuring the safe, efficient and cost effective operation of the underground mine.
What the Role Entails
- Supervise, review and approve all operational engineering team requirements within the underground mine including, but not limited to Ventilation, Short term Scheduling, Drill & Blast, Backfill, Shift Operations engineers, Analysis and Improvement and Contracts representative and projects;
- Assist building and reviewing the production of annual budgets, short range forecasts, monthly and weekly schedules;
- Supervise, review and approve the production of monthly, weekly and daily reporting functions for Mining;
- Identify and deliver opportunities for continual improvement for the operation;
- Project work and capital requests for long term mining requirements as required;
- Liaise closely with Planning Department personnel to review mine designs and schedules;
- Train and coach Operations Engineers as they rotate through the roles;
- Liaise with external regulators as required;
- Other tasks as required for business needs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or equivalent;
- Strong and diverse Underground Metalliferous experience;
- Strong safety leadership and coaching skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills;
- First Class Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency (Underground Metalliferous Mines) – ideally current or working towards this.
What We Offer You
You will be offered an attractive salary package including a performance-based bonus and participation in the Employee Share Plan. Cannington mine provides resort style onsite accommodation with laundry and meal services, as well as sporting and gym facilities. This is a FIFO full time role from Townsville or Brisbane on a 8/6 roster.
To be eligible for this position you must reside within a 50km radius of the Townsville or Brisbane Airport.