Specialist Planning and Strategy – Rio Tinto Rail Network – Pilbara
- Highly influential role in Rio Tinto Iron Ore’s Rail Division
- Fantastic opportunity to work with large teams
- Option with FIFO with a 5 days on, 2 off, 4 days on, 3 off or Residential 5 days on, 2 off roster – Dampier
Rio Tinto are looking for a Specialist Planning and Strategy to be the focal point for analysing, designing and driving the long and short term operating strategy for the rail division. This work creates divisional and departmental strategy and coordinates annual business planning that feeds into all aspects of the operating strategy.
Rio Tinto’s privately owned and operated rail network is an essential part of their integrated production process and services 15 mines across the Pilbara via 1,700km of track. With depots located at Tom Price, Cape Lambert and Dampier (7 Mile), each train is operated by a single driver and comprises up to three locomotives and 234 ore cars stretching to approximately 2.4 kilometres in length with 40 trains operating per day.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for a highly ambitious individual with strong stakeholder management skills; someone who can challenge and create dissonance among Rail division to test whether we are doing the right work to achieve our short and long term objectives Working a 5 days on, 2 off, 4 days on, 3 off (FIFO) or 5 days on, 2 off (residential) roster and reporting to the Superintendent Business Performance, you will be:
- Coordinating the Business planning process to deliver a high quality business plan for Rail including key deliverables such as (plan presentation pack, plan narrative, etc.)
- Delivering a quality strategy that ensures long term work is adequate prioritised with clear, achievable deliverables.
- Supporting departments to gather, analyse and develop their department strategies to deliver quality programs consistent with the Divisional strategy priorities
- Coordinating required analytical work and research preparation across elements such as costs, headcount planning and productivity improvements
- Supporting and coaching of departments to design their delivery planning processes
- Supporting departments to ensure their key performance indicators meet the annual plan
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications in Business , Commerce, Accounting
- Strong experience working in a complex role
- Ability to synthesise complex information from different sources
- Good communication ability including high level writing skills and the ability to present information effectively and succinctly
- Strong computer literacy and hands on in MS Office
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Experience within heavy industry and / or Rail is advantageous
- Previous leadership experience is advantageous
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.