Parsons Brinckerhoff will be responsible for managing and providing assurance services for the multiple engineering,
procurement, and construction (EPC) contracts on behalf of Adani Mining.
A sizeable PMC team is expected to be located in Brisbane and across multiple, site-based offices.
Mark Dimmock, Director Resources, Utilities, Government and Power at Parsons Brinckerhoff said the company was up for the challenging size, scheduling, and complexity of the project.
“This significant win, allied to our existing PMC role on Roy Hill in WA, highlights Parsons Brinckerhoff’s preeminent position as PMC on large-scale mining projects.”
The Carmichael project is an open cut and underground operation with an anticipated yield of 60 million tonnes per annum and is one of the largest thermal coal pit-rail-port projects currently under global development.
The key features of the Carmichael Coal Integrated Mine, Port and Rail Project include:
- Multiple open cut pits and underground operations, with a 60 year operating life
- Five mine infrastructure areas
- Coal handling and processing plant
- Heavy industrial area and water-supply infrastructure
- 388 kilometre standard gauge rail line
- New terminal facility at Abbot Point
- Off-site infrastructure including accommodation and related transport solutions