A highwall mining specialist has launched a new recruitment drive for its next endeavour in Central Queensland’s Banana Shire.
Addcar Highwall Mining is inviting expressions of interest for a new mining project in Biloela, about 120km southwest of Gladstone.
The following vacancies have been advertised:
- health, safety and environmental technology officers (multiple positions)
- maintenance superintendents (multiple)
- operations superintendents (multiple)
- multi-skilled operators (multiple)
- multi-skilled labourers (multiple)
- mechanical fitters (multiple)
- project managers (multiple)
- boilermakers (multiple)
- electricians (multiple).
Successful applicants will be offered a roster of either seven days on seven days off, or five days on two days off. Camp accommodation will be provided, and locals are encouraged to apply.
QMEB understands the project in question could be either Batchfire Resources’ Callide Coal Mine (formerly owned by Anglo American) or CMR Coal Queensland’s Biloela Project.