- Fly in-Fly out from Townsville to remote QLD sites
- Immediate start & competitive hourly rate
- Flights, accommodation, meals & uniforms provided
For thousands working in remote and offshore areas, a hot meal, a clean bed, freshly laundered work wear and quality recreation are essential comforts. ESS provides the full suite of support services across large-scale remote accommodation centres, villages and camps.
Fly in/out from Townsville
Chefs willing to get to Townsville, sometimes at short notice. Flights are generally early morning and often fly on smaller charter planes or domestic flights.
Note – “drive in-drive out” options of local Mt Isa residents
About the role:
Chefs are “hands on” cooking for approx. 200-1000pax. Following set recipes or menu cards Chefs will cook a variety of cuisines from modern Australian, Asian, European – you name it!
Chefs are NOT picky! They can be rostered on for an early Breakfast/Lunch (Crib) or later Dinner shift.
- Preparing buffet style bulk cooking for Breakfast and Crib lunch, or Dinner and Desserts
- Working within a team, and offering guidance and support where needed, to deliver exceptional quality and service to the village residents
- Ensuring all OH&S compliance is a achieved and adhere to safe work practices and safe food handling procedures
- Ensuring all catering controls are in place and wastage is kept to the minimum
- Able to handle the physical requirements of the role including heavy lifting, occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling or lifting, constant standing & walking throughout the shift.
- Qualified with Cert III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- Have bulk catering experience (essential) and confidence to cook a variety of cuisines
- Have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines ensuring prep and services run smoothly
- Demonstrate a passion for food by ensuring all food is tasty and appealing to the ey
- Have a flexible and adaptive nature
- Willingness to pass a full medical and ongoing drug and alcohol screening.
- internal transfers and promotions;
- ongoing training and development,
- a competitive hourly rate,
- recognition programs including service and safety awards,
- regular team event days,
- site based benefits and a variety of company discounts.