REMA TIP TOP is a market leading multi-national organisation, providing world-wide support services in the mining and industrial sectors, as well as a leading supplier of tyre repair materials in the automotive sector. They provide rewarding careers for over 650 employees and due to continued growth are now seeking an experienced Lead HSE Coordinator to join their team in Newcastle, NSW.
They are in the search for a results-driven and passionate Lead HSE Coordinator to provide genuine HSE business partnering support to the organisation, in managing health, safety and environment (HSE) risk and develop strategy to meet the goals of REMA TIP TOP Asia Pacific. This role will based in the Corporate Office in Newcastle however will involve regular travel throughout Australia.
In performing the role, the incumbent is required to actively:
- Advise and assist Executives, General and State Managers on matters relating to HSE issues;
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to create, evaluate, interpret and administer HSE policies and procedures;
- Demonstrate knowledge and implementation of behavioural based safety initiatives;
- Develop and promote safety awareness programs to encourage improved safety awareness throughout the organisation;
- Create, evaluate and administer the HSE framework, which is to include the development and presentation of training programs for management;
- Mentor operations based HSE Coordinators and site personnel;
- Conduct surveys, audits and investigations into HSE matters.
To be successful the incumbent is to demonstrate:
- Safety leadership; which includes:
- The modelling of appropriate behaviours and adherence to the Company’s, HSE Management Systems
- Effective communication and coaching experience
- Experience in strategic decision making and planning
- 10yrs experience managing HSE function within an organisation of more than 200 employees
- Compliance with applicable governance requirements;
- Possess tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health & Safety, Psychology, or related science field, along with.