Senior Electrical Engineer | IO Asset | Engineering | Port Hedland
Australia – Western Australia
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations currently involve an integrated system of seven inland mines, more than 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Superintendent Governance and Technical Stewardship, within the Port Engineering team your duties will include:
• An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development;
• Development and governance of electrical engineering standards in relation to Port operations
• Leading the technical aspects of multiple capital projects and tasks
• Providing engineering support to Port maintenance team
• Coordinating electrical design and drafting work to ensure customers’ expectations are met
• Ensuring Engineering designs, scopes, reports and other engineering documents conform to BHPB specifications and Australian Standards
• As a senior member in the engineering team, leads, coaches and mentors team members to ensure delivery against performance targets
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with other teams in Port Operations
• Evaluate key learnings, industry leading practice and innovations in electrical engineering to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Capture lessons learnt from development and delivery of capital projects for incorporation into continuous improvement initiatives
Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate you will possess the following:
• Tertiary qualifications in Electrical engineering is required;
• Extensive experience in a project design environment within the consulting and mining industry.
• Significant technical proficiency across the engineering lifecycle (study, design, installation, commissioning, operation).
• Thorough knowledge of statutory requirements and Australian Standards
• Demonstrated leadership of teams to achieve high performing outcomes.
• Demonstrated management of technical risk and governance for successful delivery of projects
• Proven experience in customer relationship management, problem solving and process improvement
• Experience of managing multiple projects concurrently with associated people management, using appropriate communication, delegation and planning skills
• Strong communication and relationship management skill
• Experience in an operating or maintenance role for electrical facilities would be advantageous
• Minimum of C class manual drivers licence
In this residential role you will be based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including: flexible working arrangements, incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, 18 weeks paid maternity leave, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme.
Reference Number – 40005942