Supervisor HDO Projects
- Pivotal role on the performance and effectiveness of your team
- Career Development role
- Work / Life Balance – Hope Downs 1
Rio Tinto are looking for a Supervisor HDO Projects to lead, organise, develop and motivate a team of boiler makers and technicians to ensure plant targets are met and to drive improvement and cost saving projects across the Hope Downs Operations fixed plants.
Located 100km north-west of Newman, Hope Downs 1 offers a range of fly in fly out rosters and is managed and operated by Rio Tinto and will work in conjunction with nearby site Hope Downs 4.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to drive production efficiencies by working with your team to devise improvements that will increase reliability and drive cost down Working for 4 days on, 3 off roster and reporting to the Superintendent HDO Fixed Plant Shuts, you will be:
- Take a leading role in the establishment of standard work practices, operating procedures and occupational health & safety policies relevant to Fixed Plant.
- Coordination of day to day maintenance including the resource allocation
- Working closely with engineers to help facilitate the execution of projects
- Coordinating the projects across site making sure that they don’t impact production or campaign maintenance
- Working collectively with the teams to proactively identify process improvements
- Develop, plan and implement strategies for continuous improvements in maintenance/production performance with particular emphasis on safety and cost reduction
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A Current WA C Class Driver’s License
- Relevant Trade qualification or associated technical background.
- Knowledge of SAP and MS Project skills
- Budgeting and reporting skills
- Project management experience in maintenance
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar.
Join our business today where you will work with a team of like-minded technical experts in this challenging role.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you mustcomplete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto Australia, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.