Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is a leading Australian based diversified mining services, contracting, processing and commodities production company. MRL’s unique and robust business model, coupled with its industry position as the mining services provider of choice, has ensured a reputation for delivering the highest quality services in the specialist fields of minerals processing, contract crushing, mine ownership and operation to name a few.
MRL have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Planner to join our Perth based fabrication, maintenance and repair workshop.
Based in their Kwinana facility, you will work closely with an experienced fabrication and repair team under the guidance of a proven workshop manager providing daily technical engineering support to our vast range of operations.
Typical duties include:
- Job scoping and work order creation
- Coordination of Labour, material, and plant equipment including forecasting
- Proactive material negotiations including management of longer lead items
- Subcontractor engagement and management
- Creation of work packs, plant requisitions
- Lead weekly meetings to discuss tasks, impacts and operational issues
- Budget estimate preparation
- Job cost control and budget maintenance
- Building high level maintenance schedules
- Maintain equipment history records
- Produce weekly planning performance graphs
As the successful candidate, you will ideally possess:
- Relevant qualifications ideally as a fitter, boilermaker or other relevant trade
- Demonstrated experience with fabrication, mechanical overhauls ideally within a workshop environment
- Previous exposure to first principal estimating
- Strong proficiency with the Microsoft office suite including excel and project
- A strong understanding of material handling principles is advantageous
What we can offer you:
- Unparalleled resource sector experience on key projects
- Expanding portfolio of diverse work across multiple sectors
- Experienced and supportive senior management team
- A workplace that has a strong safety culture backed by clear values
MRL is an equal opportunity employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, to apply for this position.
For further information and to submit your application, please click “Apply”.