A subsidiary of a mining services company has won a big contract for an iron ore operation in Western Australia’s Pilbara region.
Pentium Hydro, which is owned by Vysarn, recently secured the general works contract for Hancock Prospecting’s Roy Hill Iron Ore Mine, 370km southeast of Port Hedland.
The agreement involves performing a variety of work including minor civil earthworks, rotary air and conventional drilling, and dual rotary and reverse circulation water bore drilling of up to 100 metres deep at the operation majority owned by mining magnate Gina Rinehart. QMEB can reveal the deal is for a two year term.
Pentium is hiring waterwell drillers and driller assistants. Successful applicants will be productive, a team player and committed to health and safety. Applicants should have previous waterwell drilling experience or training will be provided to driller assistants.
The following questions will be asked:
- which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- are you available to work fly-in fly-out / drive-in drive-out contracts?
- are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
A roster consisting of two weeks on and one week off will be offered. Work is hoped to begin before Christmas and end in mid 2020.