A construction, maintenance and mining services group has been named preferred tenderer for a metal refinery in Western Australia’s metropolitan area.
SRG Global recently secured preferred tenderer status for Alcoa of Australia’s Alumina Refinery in Kwinana, 39km south of the Perth CBD.
The successful contractor is tasked with providing multidisciplinary asset services that include specialist rope access, scaffolding services and both heavy mechanical and electrical maintenance. QMEB can reveal the deal is for a five-year term and worth $90 million.
Hiring begins for New Year
SRG is looking for several people to fill dozens of permanent positions. An attractive remuneration package, training and career progression opportunities will be offered.
- electrical fitters (multiple positions)
- electrical technicians – high voltage and low voltage (multiple)
- electrical trades assistants (multiple)
- electrical leading hands (multiple)
- electrical supervisors (multiple)
- scaffolders/riggers (multiple)
- advanced scaffolders (multiple)
- scaffolder leading hands (multiple)
- scaffold supervisors (multiple)
- mechanical supervisors (multiple)
- rope access supervisors (multiple)
- site administrators (multiple)
- project administrators (multiple).
Site mobilisation is expected to start in early 2020 and work is expected to end at the beginning of 2025.
Multiple contracts awarded for part of $21B mining project in Central Qld
Major contract awarded for Central Queensland coal mine
Four contracts awarded for part of a $216M mining project
$150M of tenders awarded to contractor.
“We look forward to building a long-term partnership with Alcoa to deliver value-engineered maintenance and access services that drives value for their operations,” SRG global managing director David Macgeorge said in a public statement.