A multinational engineering company has won a $249 million tender for ductile metal operations across North Queensland.
Sandvik recently secured an underground mobile mining equipment and aftermarket parts contract for Glencore’s multiple Queensland Metals locations.
The successful bidder will spend the next six years supplying drills, loaders, trucks, parts, service, rock tools and digital and automation technology to Mount Isa Mines, Ernest Henry Mining and Townsville Copper Refineries.
It will also provide the same services across the New South Wales border for the CSA Copper Mine in Cobar, 312km west of Dubbo. One Sandvik DD421 development drill has already been delivered as part of the arrangement
The contractor is now recruiting both permanent and casual workers for the following job vacancies:
- heavy duty fitters/service technicians (multiple positions and locations)
- inventory support administrator – mechanical cutting
- tools sales and support representative
- site coordinators (multiple)
- fire suppression technician.
Click here to apply. Successful applicants will be offered residential flat rates, both field and weekend allowance, flexible rosters, performance bonuses, company loyalty benefits, paid parental leave and a wellness program.
Glencore is separately recruiting for several positions across Queensland and NSW, including:
- project controls specialist expression of interest
- senior fixed plant and operations advisor
- estimator and quality assurance officer
- superintendent primary operations MPS
- health and rehabilitation coordinator
- underground mobile plant tradesperson
- rehabilitation and closure advisor
- mid term planning engineer lead
- underground ventilation officer
- hoisting electrical supervisor
- emergency response coordinator
- plant and support electrician
- light mobile plant supervisor
- senior environmental advisor
- project scheduling engineer
- boilermaker (concentrator)
- health and safety officer
- senior resource geologist
- control systems engineer
- graduate mine surveyor
- refrigeration mechanic
- service desk support
- commercial graduate
- mechanical engineer
- warehouse officer
- mining engineer.
Click here to apply. The right applicants will be offered a rotating 12-hour per shift roster of either nine days on five days off, seven days on seven days off, five days on two days off, or four days on three days off.
Relocation assistance, rental subsidies, accommodation allowance, home loan interest reimbursements, utilities subsidies, interest free loans, performance bonuses, employee retail discounts, paid leave, and annual salary and allowance adjustments are also available.
Mining giant announces new round of hiring sprees
Preferred contractor revealed at Bowen Basin coal mine
Hiring spree extended after contract awarded at Central Qld coal mine
Mining giant announces thousands of new jobs.
Sandvik revealed it took more than a year of negotiations to reach an agreement after Glencore had issued a heavy mining equipment tender back in 2018.
“We spent nearly a year working closely with the Glencore team to identify exactly what was needed for the long-term success of their assets,” Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology global account manager Tim Redmond said in a public statement.
The proponent’s strategy was to procure all heavy mobile mining equipment from one original equipment manufacturer and avoid purchasing equipment from multiple suppliers.
“This innovative partnership with Sandvik will help us improve the way we operate and maintain mobile equipment in our underground mines by providing us with a real reduction in the total cost to operate our primary fleet, an important factor in enabling a sustainable future for our mining operations,” Glencore Queensland Metals general manager − mining Simon Pope said.