Senior Specialist Platform Services
- A great opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual seeking their next challenge
- Be a part of strong and proactive team with an inclusive work culture
- Permanent role with flexible work location – Perth, Brisbane, Montreal, Salt Lake City or Singapore
Rio Tinto are looking for a Senior Specialist Platform Services to support the end to end Digital Workplace Service line to define reference architectures, standards and road maps collaboratively. This role provides quality assurance, architecture and best practice consulting to special project and program delivery; and operational teams. Rio Tinto Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) operates across six key areas that enable better alignment with customer priorities, end-to-end accountability and flexibility to prioritise critical work.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity to engage with business partner teams and business stakeholders to understand business requirements with a focus on End User Experience. Working a 5 days on, 2 off roster and reporting to the Manager Knowledge Management, you will be:
- Supporting solution architect design activity providing consultation on Digital Workplace Services solutions
- Ensuring provision of interoperable, sustainable, reusable solutions across the portfolio including SharePoint, 0365 and other digital workplace platforms
- Engaging and working closely with vendors and partners to achieve programme and solution specific business outcomes
- Solution lead for complex solutions being delivered for Digital Workspace Services
- Supporting identification of synergies via regular analysis of the application portfolio including governance and process improvements
- Supporting Service line management with the operation of the end to end service line
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- IT or Information Management related degree with 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft solutions frameworks, especially SharePoint and Office 365
- Demonstrated experience with document management and collaboration systems design and solution delivery
- Working knowledge of IT service management within a large scale and diverse organisation
- Experience with Knowledge Management programmes such as wikis, social media, intranets, collaborative workspaces
- Strong ability to drive continuous improvement and application of emerging technologies
- Ability to effectively work with multiple stakeholders, in multiple global regions / time zones
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Good awareness of business processes and ability to effectively identify and define stakeholder requirements and scope
- Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this position.
- Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
- Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Go further with Rio Tinto where you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and benefits, whist working in a culture that drives and supports you every step of the way.