Specialist Town Operations
Specialist Town Operations
- Residential role – fully subsided accommodation and utilities provided + Location allowances
- Great lifestyle in remote NT in friendly community
- Challenging and rewarding role – Permanent – Gove
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals group that focuses on finding, mining, processing and marketing the earth’s mineral resources. We have been in business for more than 140 years and remain focused on the long term. We’re committed to sustainable and innovative ways to do business, deliver results and build a great work environment. It’s how we grow – it’s how you grow.
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
They are looking for a Specialist Town Operations to provide advice and work strategically with operational leaders across the business to lead the management of our township operations.
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminium, one of the world’s most widely used metals. Active in the sector for more than 110 years, we operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries; alongside the world’s most modern and competitive aluminium smelters portfolio. Our industry leadership includes our benchmark smelting technology and enviable hydropower position, key strengths in today’s carbon-constrained world.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to expand on their strong facilities management experience with this role being responsible for leading township operations including the management of commercial assets, tenement leases, camps, and facilities / services contractors. With primary accountability for company housing stock and town assets and with a strong community interface Working a 5 days on, 2 off roster and reporting to the Manager Services, you will be:
- Identifying, formulating and executing strategic projects focused on transforming the township towards a sustainable future
- Leading, mentoring and coaching key operational stakeholders and contractors in effective township management
- Overseeing the running of camps and facilities management as the contract owner; delivering on required budget outcomes
- Delivering an effective asset management strategy that ensures short term tenant comfort and long-term asset improvement
- Engaging positively with Traditional Owner groups on contracting opportunities and asset acquisitions as well as representing Rio Tinto on the Town Board of Nhulunbuy
- Ensuring the leasing function is managed in an effective manner; compliant with statutory requirements and meeting the contemporary needs of local residents and businesses
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Extensive previous leadership experience in township operations and contracts management role
- Exposure to SAP, Rio Tinto systems will be highly regarded;
- Experience leading contracting groups with successful delivery of both commercial compliance and safely across a broad range of trades
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Community Relations or related discipline
- Previous experience in community relations
- Previous experience working with traditional owner groups
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto Australia, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.