Multinational and independent mining companies are recruiting new staff in Central Queensland’s Isaac region and Banana Shire.
Several new jobs are available at a variety of coal mines operated by Anglo American, BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA), and the Jellinbah Group.
The positions are based at:
- BMA’s Goonyella Riverside Coal Mine in Moranbah, 206km southwest of Mackay
- Anglo’s Dawson South Coal Mine in Kianga, 216km southwest of Gladstone
- Jellinbah’s Lake Vermont Coal Mine in Dysart, 246km southwest of Mackay
- BMA’s Saraji Coal Mine in Dysart, 231km southwest of Mackay.
The following vacancies have been advertised:
- health, safety and environment advisors (multiple positions)
- skilled trades assistants (multiple)
- dump truck operators (multiple)
- water cart operators (multiple)
- all round operators (multiple)
- project manager (multiple)
- boilermakers (multiple)
- supervisors (multiple)
- electricians (multiple)
- riggers (multiple)
- fitters (multiple)
- crew trainer.
Click here to apply for Saraji, Goonyella Riverside and Lake Vermont. Work will be available at the Saraji mine from June 28 to July 30, Lake Vermont from July 19 to 23, and Goonyella from August 19 to September 10.
Click here to apply for Dawson South. Successful applicants will be offered a long term, drive-in drive-out roster of seven days on seven days off. Six weeks of annual leave each year, discounted health insurance, income protection, and salary sacrifice options are also available.