- Located in North-West Tasmania
- Key member of a dedicated technical services team
- Exciting career prospects
Grange Resources is Australia’s leading producer of iron ore magnetite from its mining and pellet production business located in the North West region of Tasmania, and are seeking a Mine Geologist to be part of their technical team at Savage River mine, a large-scale open pit which mines about 65 million tonnes of magnetite and waste per year. The mine is currently 330m deep and will be further developed to a depth of over 500m in the coming years. It is situated in a major shear zone and is one of the oldest magnetite deposits in Australia.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Collecting, recording and presenting geological information to support planning
- Mapping, drill hole logging, maintaining a geological database
- Supervision of Grade Controllers and contractors
- Maintaining and reporting resources and reserves
- Reconciliation, solids and block modelling
- Degree in Geology
- 4 years of experience in mining geology including grade control systems with some exposure to exploration
- Proficiency in the use of Surpac for 3D modelling and exposure to resource estimation
- Proficient MS excel skills and experience with production scheduling systems.
- Excellent teamworking and communication skills
Working a nine day fortnight (5 on 2 off; 4 on 3 off), you will work as part of a highly qualified team. A competitive salary is offered which includes free single person accommodation and messing whilst on site.
To apply for this position, email email@example.com and request an application form. Application close Monday, 31 July 2017.