Lucas TCS is a mining and civil contractor with a reputation for providing complete solutions and delivering production targets and projects safely. We are now seeking a suitably experienced blast hole driller to be part of our Drill & Blast team at our mining operation Iron Baron 50km west of Whyalla.
Requirements for the role are:
- You must have experience in blast hole drilling in production mining.
- Experience with Atlas Copco D65 drill rig or similar.
- Must be able to decipher drill plans and maintain accurate daily records.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Fit and able to apply safe manual handling practice when undertaking physical aspects of the role.
- Blasters Licence and Dangerous Goods Licence – highly desirable but not essential.
- Current MR Drivers Licence. (HR highly desirable but not essential )
- Firm commitment to health and safety at work, with complete understanding of Duty of Care principles and associated safe work practices in a high risk environment.
- You need to be a team contributor with a good work ethic and a can-do attitude.
- You understand that this role includes time acting as a drill offsider / sampler.
- You must be able to pass a comprehensive medical and ongoing workplace drug and alcohol screening.
- National Police Clearance.
- Able to start straight away.
Employment is casual initially but is fully expected to be ongoing. The roster currently is 14:7 but is proposed to change to a 13:8 in the near future and could be negotiable in due course to secure the right person(s).
As this is a residential project, only applicants within the vicinity of Whyalla will be considered. Applicants who are immediately available and willing to relocate at their own cost may be considered, though preference will be given to candidates that are currently residing in Whyalla.
Travel between Whyalla and site is provided by the Company.
Please apply without delay by either emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the pink ‘Apply Now’ button below on this Seek webpage.
About Lucas Total Contract Solutions
Lucas TCS is a South Australian privately owned company, formerly known as Lucas Earthmovers. For over 40 years Lucas TCS has worked on a national basis with some of Australia’s leading Mining & Civil companies on a variety of challenging projects. We are a respected player in the field of Mining and Civil Contracting, with around 400 qualified and experienced personnel, one of the largest plant and equipment fleets in SA, and an excellent safety and environmental track record.