Tanami Operations, 540km north-west of Alice Springs, are on Aboriginal freehold land, in the NT’s remote Tanami Desert. A fully equipped 1000-bed village, 40km from the mine, offers modern leisure facilities to the workforce who FIFO direct from Perth, Darwin and Alice Springs.
Reporting to the Mining Foreman, the Mining Supervisor is responsible for planning, delegating, supervising and recording daily tasks performed by the crew in meeting the mine schedule to ensure safe, efficient and optimal ore recovery.
The role is based in Tanami and offers a 2/1 FIFO roster from Perth, Darwin & Alice Springs ONLY.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure work activities are performed in accordance with established Company Standards, Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Collaborate with other shift supervisors to coordinate and supervise daily work crew performance to ensure continuity of production levels.
- Ensure timely issue resolution or appropriate escalation of issues through facilitating regular communication within team.
- Review daily targets and incident reports and confer with hand-over shift supervisor of any issues or tasks to be completed on next shift to ensure no (or minimal) interruption to schedule.
- Ensure daily underground activities are recorded in PITRAM to ensure accurate, up-to-date information is available for all staff.
- Coordinate when necessary the update of policies, procedures and systems to ensure consistency of activities and efficiency of future projects.
- Contribute to the achievement of Newmont’s Occupational Health & Safety goals by implementing appropriate programs and processes where necessary.
- Demonstrate Newmont values and commitment to safety through business decisions and actions.